- Secure Zones: 5191
- Registration: /Outdoor_Recreation/Adventure_Club/Signup
- Membership: Outdoor Adventure Club
- Location: 6200 So. Wasatch Blvd,
UTA Park n Ride, Cottonwood Heights
- Time:8 AM
- Display Price:
- Disclaimer: I agree to participate at my own risk. I agree not to hold Live and Thrive LLC, Sheryl McGlochlin, her assistants, or affiliates responsible or liable for my safety. I understand that hiking can be dangerous and strenuous. I agree to go at a pace I am comfortable with and will tell Sheryl about any concerns I have related to this outing. I agree to let Sheryl and/or her assistants know if I don't feel comfortable participating in this sport. I agree to stay with the group and abide by Sheryl's guidelines for my own safety and protection and the safety of others. I understand that consulting my physician is strongly recommended if I am new to this sport OR have been physically inactive. If I am new to Sheryl's group, I agree to come to the Hiking Prep Class, held each Saturday in the parking lot, 30 minutes prior to leaving for the hike. I understand that I may email or text Sheryl anytime OR talk with her in person during this 30 minute prep class and discuss any concerns or limitations I have. I understand that I may contact Sheryl at email@example.com or text at: 801-278-5313 as needed.
- List Options:
- Garden Group:23631
- Mini Utah Weekend Vacations:29688
- International Adventure Trips:26510
- Event Options:
- Price: Free
- Unit: person
- Units: people
- Max: 5
EVERY Saturday morning
30 minutes, 8 - 8:30 AM (prior to leaving on our hike)
Meet me in the same parking lot where our hikers gather, regardless of the weather
8 AM: Talk to all hikers, especially new hikers
8:25 AM: Most of the group will be here by now, give final instructions, arrange carpools, get ready to leave.
8:30 AM: Drive to the trailhead. You are not obligated to go hiking after the orientation.
Many of the links below will cover these topics as well.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the following:
• Benefits of hiking
• About dogs and children
• Importance of Footwear
• Best fabrics to keep you comfortable
• Be prepared for all types of weather conditions
• Benefits of using poles & where to find poles for cheap
• Easing into hiking
• Learning the difference between easy & moderate hiking trails
• Hiking and snowshoeing safety tips
• Staying safe in the Wasatch Mountains
• Communication: Calendar posted on two websites: liveandthrive.com and meetup.com (Sheryl’s Outdoor Adventure Group)
• Communication/Calendar on Meetup.com and weekly Email Reminders
• Length, features and locations of each outing
• What to bring
• Carpools: How, where and why we organize them
• About Sheryl: (experience & background)
• Importance of attending this class even if you don’t want to hike yet
• Meeting other members
Check out these links to learn more about our group:
Welcome to our Group!
Who is invited
Sheryl's Hiking Group - General Hiking Info
Disclaimer and Waiver
Things to know before you arrive including Safety Tips
What to Bring
18 Ways to Relieve Sore Muscles
Four Seasons to hike with us
Additional Sports, Events & Activities offered
What is a Workout?
Be an Example to your Family & Friends
Directions to our Meeting Place
99 Reasons WHY you should HIKE
Living up to our Potential
Only members can register for this event. Please login now or Join below.
We have your email address recorded as . If this is not the best address to send event details to, please update your contact info.