- Secure Zones: 5191
- Registration: /Outdoor_Recreation/Adventure_Club/Signup
- Membership: Outdoor Adventure Club
- Location: 6200 So. Wasatch Blvd,
UTA Park n Ride, Cottonwood Heights
- Time:8 AM
- Display Price:
- Disclaimer: I agree to participate at my own risk. I agree not to hold Live and Thrive LLC, Sheryl McGlochlin, her assistants, or affiliates responsible or liable for my safety. I understand that hiking can be potentially dangerous and/or strenuous at times. I agree to go at a pace I am comfortable with and will let Sheryl know about any concerns I have regarding this hiking outing. I agree to inform Sheryl and/or her assistants if I don't feel comfortable or safe with this outing. I agree to stay with the group and abide by Sheryl's guidelines for my own safety and protection. I understand that consulting my physician is strongly recommended if I am new to this sport or have been inactive in the past. If I am new to Sheryl's group, I agree to attend a pre-hiking orientation, held prior to each hike, in the parking lot where we gather. I understand I may choose to do a shorter hike if I prefer. I will communicate privately with Sheryl in person during this pre-hike orientation and discuss any concerns I have. In addition I may contact Sheryl via email at email@example.com or call/text at 801-278-5313 if needed.
- List Options:
- Garden Group:23631
- Mini Utah Weekend Vacations:29688
- International Adventure Trips:26510
- Event Options:
- Unit: person
- Units: people
- Max: 5
This is a very beautiful area of the Wasatch Mountains! Incredible views looking over all of the Salt Lake valley, especially the southern end of the valley. You'll walk across the suspension bridge and take a short hike to the Bear Canyon Waterfall coming off of Lone Peak!
This is an out and back trail.
BST to Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge and continue on toward Ghost Falls if you like. Hike will end by 11:30 AM or 12 Noon. Plan to turn around where ever you are by 10:30 AM or sooner.
8 AM: Start gathering, greet/introduce everyone, final instructions, arrange carpools, answer any questions, concerns
8:30 AM: Drive to trailhead
8:45 AM: Arrive at trailhead around this time, Hidden Valley Park, 11700 South Wasatch Blvd.
11:30 AM: Off the trail by or before this time (you may always leave earlier by doing a shorter hike)
Welcome to our Spring Waterfall Hiking Season!
The spring season is a period of transition.
Look for us at the south end of this big parking lot, known as "6200 South Wasatch Park n Ride". Meeting place exact address: 6570 South Wasatch Blvd East. Questions? Call/text me, Sheryl, 801-278-5313
8 AM: Start gathering/greet hikers, confirm hiking trail & canyon and how to get there, any last minute instructions, quick orientation for new hikers, arrange carpools. Confirm whether you need spikes or not. Let me know if you need a pair since I may have some.
8:30 AM: Leave for trailhead
12 Noon: Off the trail on or before this time (unless specifically stated)
Hiking outings are held every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and are intended for a half day, 3 hour hike.
Only members can register for this event. Please login now or Join below.
We have your email address recorded as . If this is not the best address to send event details to, please update your contact info.