- Secure Zones: 5191
- Registration: /Outdoor_Recreation/Adventure_Club/Signup
- Membership: Outdoor Adventure Club
- Location: 6200 So. Wasatch Blvd,
UTA Park n Ride, Cottonwood Heights
- Time:8 AM
- Display Price:
- Disclaimer: I agree to participate at my own risk. I agree not to hold Live and Thrive LLC, Sheryl McGlochlin, her assistants, or affiliates responsible or liable for my safety. I understand that hiking can be potentially dangerous and/or strenuous at times. I agree to go at a pace I am comfortable with and will let Sheryl know about any concerns I have regarding this hiking outing. I agree to inform Sheryl and/or her assistants if I don't feel comfortable or safe with this outing. I agree to stay with the group and abide by Sheryl's guidelines for my own safety and protection. I understand that consulting my physician is strongly recommended if I am new to this sport or have been inactive in the past. If I am new to Sheryl's group, I agree to attend a pre-hiking orientation, held prior to each hike, in the parking lot where we gather. I understand I may choose to do a shorter hike if I prefer. I will communicate privately with Sheryl in person during this pre-hike orientation and discuss any concerns I have. In addition I may contact Sheryl via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 801-278-5313 if needed.
- List Options:
- Garden Group:23631
- Mini Utah Weekend Vacations:29688
- International Adventure Trips:26510
- Event Options:
- Unit: person
- Units: people
- Max: 5
Welcome to our Spring and Waterfall Hiking Season!
WATERFALL Hiking Safety Tips and Hikes
SALT LAKE MARATHON WEEKEND MAY CREATE DRIVING CHALLENGES for you!
Click on the link above if you are not sure if your home is part of the Race Route. Depending on where you live, you may have a hard time getting to the hike today! PLAN ahead so this event won't slow you down.
East Canyon, Little Dell Reservoir area.
There are 3 different trails that all start at Little Dell Reservoir. Most people only know about one of these trails. The most popular one: Historic Mormon/California/Pony Express Trail. I'll introduce you to the other less popular but incredibly beautiful trails. Easy and Moderate hiking abilities, as always.
SATURDAY Hike Meeting Time:
8 AM: Start gathering, greet everyone, final instructions, news/announcements, arrange carpools, questions/concerns?
8:30 AM: Drive to the trailhead
8:45 - 8:50 AM: Arrive at trailhead. WANT TO MEET AT THE TRAILHEAD? Take the EAST CANYON EXIT on I-80 (Parleys Canyon), park in the Little Dell Reservoir parking lot and wait for us. Nice Bathrooms are open at this parking lot.
11:30 AM: Off the trail by or before this time
Our hiking group is:
Consistent: Plan on us every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. We rarely cancel unless something catastrophic happens, which hasn't in 14 years of hiking.
Full of Variety: In addition to 200+ day hikes each year, we offer several other outdoor sports, activities and trips you are invited and encouraged to attend. Examples include: International adventure trips, weekend getaways, kayaking, canyoneering, stand up paddle surfing, camping, Dutch Oven cooking, snowshoeing, backpacking, hooping, sledding, trampoline jumping, yoga, gardening, etc. Many of these are also offered as classes for those who have little to no experience. A price is required for most of these. Pre-meetings are held for some of these. All will be posted on this site OR my website at liveandthrive.com.
Accommodating: Come to any hike and talk with me in person or one of my assistants with any concerns you may have. We can help you customize every hike to fit your needs and abilities.
Experienced: Leading hikes every week for 14 years (since Feb. 2003) has allowed me to become very familiar with many trails in the Wasatch Mountains.
Safe: Safety is always our #1 priority.
Flexible: Even though you are in a group, you'll have plenty of options. Be social or enjoy quiet solitude. Hike longer or shorter. Go fast or slow. Stop and take breaks or hike like a mountain goat!
Fun: With incredible beauty in all directions and surrounded by great people we often forget about the great workout that comes with this sport.
Addictive: Warning, after coming a few times you may get hooked like the rest of us.
Friendly: New hikers attend every week and receive a warm welcome. Thank you in advance for making an effort to join us.
Caring: I look forward to meeting you in person and will help you have a great experience on the mountain. We attract many kind, caring people. Come early if you are new.
Free: No yearly membership fees required for any local hikes.
See links below to learn more.
RSVP today and join us soon!
Only members can register for this event. Please login now or Join below.
We have your email address recorded as . If this is not the best address to send event details to, please update your contact info.