West Side Gardens
West Jordan 7200 So. 2800 W.
South Jordan A 11400 So. 2700 W.
South Jordan B 11400 So. 2700 W.
South Jordan C 9800 So. Redwood Rd
West side gardens:
- Much larger than East Side Gardens
- Produce the most harvest due to their size
- Are watered through a variety of irrigation methods.
- Winter and early spring crops include spinach, kale, garlic, collards, carrots, Swiss Chard, arugula, several dark green leafy lettuces, radish, cabbage, beets, onions, broccoli
- Summer crops include corn, tomatoes, peppers, melons, cucumber, carrots, basil, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, grapes, strawberries, pears, apples, apricots, plums, winter and summer squash, pumpkin, beans, lilac and flowers
Members may receive harvest from all gardens
No gardening experience or knowledge is necessary to work in our gardens since members receive hands-on training in a variety of garden skills including
- growing plants from seed
- working with a variety of soils
generally from March through November
Having a variety of garden locations throughout the
Salt Lake valley allows members to observe and compare the effects of soil and
weather conditions on each garden.